USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

1.11.2011

Mendoza

Walking around shady streets, strolling through plazas, sitting at sidewalk cafe/bars, going out until 4am, socializing with folks from Argentina to Australia at the hostel (www.casapueblohostel.com) working on my asadero skills (grilling) on the back patio - Mendoza has been a very pleasant stop and I have made some new friends that I will see at their homes in Patagonia.

Long conversations over beer, wine or mate have been varied and stimulating but typically Argentine revolving around politics, social issues and philosophy - I have long thought that Argentina is one of the more political/philosophically reflective countries that reminds me of France more than other Latin American countries.
But politics does not interfere with the enjoyment of life and the Argentine concern for aesthetics.
Conversations tend to be long and animated over lingering dinners that begin at 11pm and last past 2am.



















but you can always catch up on sleep during the long afternoon siesta.











6 comments:

  1. Hey Greg

    Looks like you are in a great spot. Enjoying pics and your insights. Nice format. I wish we made more time for long political and philosophical discussions over home meals and spirits. BTW, Innsbruks a bust so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pal,

    It's Robbie Your former student. I was wondering if you wanted to spill the beans on that skiing spot on Header photography? I just started snowboarding a couple months ago and I need something different from greek peak. also, I love your blog. Keep doing it, and I hope to see you when you get home.


    Email me at

    NealeRobertV@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Greg. Great photos, you've captured that laze-a-day Mendoza vibe. Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye and give you a big cyclists hug to send you on your way. Hope to see you in Patagonia ... we'll keep an eye out on the back roads. "El Pueblo" just isn't the same without ya! Lindsay y Frank xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder if you have logged as many beers and glasses of wine as miles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am doing my best! . . . but it is nearly 20,000km now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A flyrod does that mean trout will be on the menu soon? Nymths now hmm. should i use a dragonfly or a cadis or Geeze do they have there own special bugs down here!

    ReplyDelete