USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

11.06.2010

We Wanted to See the Nazca Lines . . .

Well the flight is not happening . . . I give up. In a Peruvian fashion, we were sold flights that did not leave the ground . The second time the guy, who sold us the flights the afternoon before, shows up at our hotel door this morning to say their is no morning flight but maybe this afternoon for an extra $30 each (total now $130ea) we could fly on another, higher end, airline/plane but not guaranteed . . . So, we said no and wanted our money back. Well . . . come back at noontime, to check, and we may have a flight at the original price. I figure at least we are not waiting at the airport for 3 hours, again. I said to KoKo, "no way was this is going to work," he agrees, and we know they are going to ask for more money. Sure enough, a $20 extra each for an unsure sure thing . . . so we asked for our cash . . . Ok, wait a second and my husband will be right back, meanwhile she was flirty friendly. So he returns and there are no flights but if you want . . . we got our cash and left. I was never worried about getting the cash back but a frustrating scam to bring us in with an offer you can't deliver. But everyone wants to fly over the Nazca lines because in the sky is the only vantage point you can see them from . . . so it works. I want to ride out in the morning to check out some ruins then down the coast through a desert by the Pacific with immense sand dunes - world's biggest is here. I am curious it is going to be very dry. Nazca has not seen a drop of rain in 22 months. But small cities dot the PanAmerican highway, tapped into the aquifer. The hostal I am staying in has their own well as does each house. I doubt I will be more than 50 miles from water at any one time, though. I should be able to fish along the way in the Pacific, go to beaches, see ruins, eat lots of fish, and camping should be easy. I have been riding one year tomorrow November 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment