USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

12.12.2009

Camping in Florida

I spent the night in Florida at the Lake Stone campground and it was my warmest night of camping yet. While, i was setting up camp at dusk a gentleman approached me and asked if i was Greg (i was) and he wanted to meet a fellow adventurer. Neil is a long distance canoeist that traveled all over North America and he was from Whitney Point, NY with two sons that taught in neighboring school districts to Binghamton. Needless to say, we had plenty to talk about, so much for getting an early start the next morning. Neil and I sat in the sun in front of his vintage rv drank hot brewed coffee, no instant for a change, and chatted! He was an inspirational 70 year old (looked like he was in his 50's) with some damn good stories. People like Neil make me think that i am not too crazy or at least not alone.
Even the ducks were friendly or maybe pushy is a better description.

1 comment: