USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

10.20.2010

Happy Birthday Greg!

Happy Birthday Big Brother! Hah Ha what a sucker can't believe you didn't change your password! Slipping up on your travels keeping an eye out on all the dangers and upcoming adventures but forgot the old problem left back in the states. Or maybe you thought I had matured. Yeah right. Anyways here are some photos of our little Gregwa growing up in the backwoods of New Hampshire. Live Free or Die!
Crazy Horse Duke. I am shocked that this photo exists. Duke was completely insane! Must have been my presence on his back. This pony enabled Greg and I to learn all of our curse words via an irish accent from the vet who traveled to the farm to treat him. One day Duke was calmly overlooking a lake on a cliff ledge with the rest of us on our assorted horses and ponies when he decided to leap off a 15ft. cliff in to the water with Greg on his back. Then he couldn't get back up the ledge but Greg managed to get the crazy horse and himself safely out of the water. My favorite is that Greg and I would race our ponies all the time ( Mine was Suzy. I named all my first pets after myself. Embarrassing I know) and Duke would never pass Suzy even though he was faster.
Greg's love of fishing made apparent at an early age. Our brook was highly rewarding.
I never recall Greg shooting anything except my thumb one time when I changed my mind about shooting a chicken in the barn. I lost use of the gun when I shot all the windows in the barn which took my dad 20+ years to replace. And after the chicken incident (which I am not sure my parents know about) Greg kept the gun hidden away from me. Probably cause Dad asked him too ( I was a bit of a loose cannon).

Greg loves Halloween. His costumes are brilliant. Sorry I couldn't put his clown up but half of you would have canceled his blog as so many people are scared of clowns!


Last but not least the song that my brother sang horrendously for many of my developmental years. Greg sang Davy Crockett constantly except in church when he sang hymns horrendously (worse than his natural voice) to make me laugh and cry throughout the service. Dad sitting between us didn't even work as Dad sang just as badly Greg and Greg kept looking knowingly around Dad rendering me helpless. Love ya Greg. Hope you have a great Birthday floating down a Peruvian river.

1 comment: