USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

10.20.2010

Route Ahead . . .

No dotted lines this time. But if you look close there is a one all the way along the Rio Ene from Puerto Ocopa then heading into the highlands . . . just saying it is out there. However, I am taking a boat this time from Puerto Ocopa(top of the map on the crease) to San Francisco (bottom of the map on the right). River travel or small planes are standard because there are no roads. I will travel up the Rio Ene then the Rio Apurimac and I am told it will take a day or two . . . we will see but I am packing lots of coffee. The route passes along the Ashaninka Reserve, largest indigenous group in Peru, through some of the most pristine areas amazon and should be just me and the locals. After disembarking at San Francisco it it will be a nice 10,000+ foot climb back up to the highland city of Ayacucho. Hope there is hammock space on the boat and beverage service . . . yeah right.

Does Black 47 or Dropkick Murphies sing this tune? The Clancy Brothers are classic and remind me of home - so raise a pint of half n' half.

No comments:

Post a Comment