USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

11.17.2009

I am off . . . finally


Saturday November 7th and i am off at around 9:30am when i woke in the morning it was a brisk 19 degrees in downtown Binghamton so about time to get going. I had planned to leave a day earlier but upon locking up Matt's house i headed next door to my tenants to discover a backed up kitchen sink . . . so instead of riding i replaced my kitchen drain pipes in full bike regalia, time well spent but damn i hate plumbing. I had a little send off party, the second actually, of Matt, Jim, and pace car Josh. I had the brilliant idea to start my 9000 mile plus journey on a 100 lb bike by riding four miles up Penn Ave and out a rolling route 167 to route 29 in PA by the end of 58 miles over big rolling hills and a southerly head wind i was beat and ready to camp behind an elementary in Evans Falls, middle of nowhere rural PA.
Over the next week or so the idea was to cover ground and get south to David Rosher's house in Lexington, VA where the odds of snow and hypothermia are far less. I stayed on route 11 because it is the most direct route south west and out of the impending frigid northeast. I will be posting my route on google maps linked to this site as soon as i get the kinks worked out . . . or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment