USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

5.27.2010

New Personal Record!

I am a steaming sponge cycling my way across the tropics, and have arrived at a new economic index to suit the times. The Beer and a Coke Index or BCI. Usually around 2 in the afternoon I stop for a 12oz beer and a coke. I have been doing this daily since crossing the Tropic of Cancer. They can be consumed sequentially or mixed to be consumed at once, Peruvian style. On the way into Panama City I stopped at a Chinese owned mini-super, in Cocle, Panama, and broke my previous record of $1, set in Mesa, Panama. I bought a 12oz Atlas beer and 12oz Coke, both in returnable glass bottles, for .85 cents! Panama wins the lowest BCI to date, congratulations Panama. Costa Rica and Belize have the highest BCI of $2 - $2.50, boo hiss. Most Central American and Mexican beer have a lower alcohol content of 3-4%
Panama, also, has abroad range of foul tasting American beers made all the more tempting by sophisticated advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment