USHUAIA OR BUST ROUTE MAP

5.20.2010

Rainy Season

I left my first pacific beach after another swim and rode in the rain yesterday. I camped off the road under a mango tree in the rain smelling of fermenting mango. Thunder pounded the hill tops and I winced while cooking in the rain. I saw stars then the rain started again. I packed up in the rain then rode in the rain. I stopped to get a cup of coffee and 2nd breakfast while it rained harder still. I sat drinking a beer and coke in front of another chinese owned grocery watching the rain - total cost $1, dry moment priceless. I dragged my ass into Santiago, Panama eating wanton soup while it rained and decided to get a dry hotel room. The rainy season is here and i expect the next month to be more of the same. . . at least it is warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment